Managing innovation is challenging enough when you’re dealing with a staff who work together under one roof. Add multiple off-site locations, consulting partners, and contractors to the mix and it can become downright difficult. Yet in today’s global, technology-driven marketplace, it’s more important than ever that even far-flung teams learn to work together to embrace innovation management.
It’s likely that your company needs to make improvements in this area. But before you do, you’ll want to find out how ready your virtual team is to apply the best practices of virtual teaming. The CIMS Virtual Team Readiness and Health Assessment provides a unique view into the IM health of disparate teams and can help encourage and unify innovation across all teams regardless of their location or role.
The toolkit includes:
- 28 assessments built around 7 critical success factors
- Training and facilitation
- Leader and member competence audits
- Technology planning
- Trust behaviors
The Virtual Team Readiness and Health Assessment will:
- Measure trust behaviors or the lack thereof across your organization
- Empower team members at all levels to be solution-driven
- Determine if your communications technology is really working
- Enable you to plan effective interventions
This powerful and effective assessment was developed by a former CIMS faculty member, Dr. Mitzi Montoya, and a CIMS researcher, Dr. Anne Massey, Lilly Faculty Fellow of Information Systems at Indiana University, and supported by CIMS.
For more information on how you can have access to the Virtual Team Readiness and Health Assessment. Contact CIMS for more information.
Related Articles in the CIMS Innovation Management Report:
- To Increase Innovation Take a Walk on the Dark Side (Winter 2012)
- Knowledge Management for 2010 Means Actually Transferring Knowledge (Spring 2010)
- Highlights /Past Research: Reduce Downsizing Pain, Make Your Alliance Work, Breakthrough Innovation & Successful Virtual Teams (Winter 2010)
- What Will the Lab of the Future Look Like (Fall 2009)
- Bring Ideas to Market with Innovation Ecosystems (Fall 2009)
- Pursuing Open Innovation (Spring 2009)
- CIMS Holds a Bazaar (Winter 2008)
- ABC Framework Can Boost Collaborative Innovation (Fall 2008)
- Five Researchers (W&M) Probe How to Make Collaborative Innovation Work (Fall 2008)
- How Boundary Spanning Works in Nanocenters (Spring 2008)