Companies invest considerable amounts of time and money into becoming more agile, decision-ready organizations. With the onset of the information age, more emphasis is being put on collecting and analyzing data to implement a pragmatic business strategy for developing new product and service lines based on best practices of market and innovation management.
CIMS’ Market Driven Business Plan is a tool that presents businesses and teams with the key questions they must answer about target market segments, competition, and their offerings to ensure their business plans are objective and fact-based. It allows companies to identify and address niche markets
quickly and efficiently.
It begins by forcing teams to first understand the macro trends impacting their business i.e., the political, economical, societal and technological trends shaping markets and industries worldwide. It then serves as a framework for guiding teams through proper assessment of risks and opportunities, plan development, and implementation strategy. Contact CIMS for more information.
Related Articles in the CIMS Innovation Management Report:
- Make Your Organization Decision Ready (Fall 2011)
- Time to Disrupt Your Business Model? Here’s How (Winter 2010)
- CIMS NanoWorkshops Tap Tsunami of Emerging Science/Technology Information (Spring 2009)
- The CIMS Executive Director’s Column: The Power of “Impedance Matching” Dialogue (Spring 2009)
- Services Innovation Demands Culture Change – Is Your Company Ready? (Winter 2008-2009)
- New Tools for Open Collaborative Innovation (Fall 2008)
- Five Researchers (W&M) Probe How to Make Collaborative Innovation Work (Fall 2008)
- Open Innovation Spurs Biotechnology Development (Spring 2008)