The Center for Innovation Management Studies (CIMS) is a global, virtual research center located in NC State University’s Poole College of Management. It is the only industry/university cooperative research program, focused on how to manage innovation and is dedicated to fostering a collaborative environment among scholars, researchers, and business executives.
CIMS works closely with industry leaders and university researchers to identify new ways of increasing top-line growth – whether through new business models, processes, services or product innovations. CIMS has been providing groundbreaking, industry-driven research since 1984.The Center for Innovation Management Studies believes that innovation is the only business discipline that can create long-term competitive advantage and profitable growth. Its mastery is essential for companies desiring to survive in today’s hyper-competitive global markets. The CIMS Innovation Management (IM) framework provides a roadmap, through which the key elements of IM can be learned, practiced, measured, and ultimately improved and managed.
- Systematic processes and tools, in which the management of innovation is broken down into 5 core competencies and 5 core dimensions.
- Capability to assess, benchmark, and strengthen a company’s culture of innovation.
- Big Data Analytics Platform- Helping industry become decision-ready through data
- Software platform based on natural language processing of free form text to help firms develop situational awareness, align workforce and accelerate innovation
- Firms can explore previously limited stakeholder information such as social networks and unstructured data sources, along with internal data sources
- Five-step engagement model that allows companies to progressively build proficiency and confidence in big data analytics
- Extensive Innovation Network of 100-plus subject matter experts in the field of Innovation Management.
- A practitioners resource for current topics and trends in Innovation Management: http://cims.ncsu.edu/resources/newsletters/